Sunday, March 15, 2015

Our Journey #5: Being Real Some More

We had a beautiful two weeks together with Daddy home. We felt so happy to be together with our brand new baby boy and sweet little girl. I was recuperating, so we spent a lot of down time together just hanging out, while still fitting in time with family as well. The two week leave had to come to an end, however, and eventually, we once again said goodbye.

From Micki's journal, August 2005:
We took Braden to the airport [this morning.] It was the hardest goodbye yet. We all hugged him and took pictures. Then we left everyone else in the terminal and walked over to the security check. I did really well until he went through the checkpoint, then I turned around and started bawling and didn't stop until the plane was long gone. After Braden got on the plane he put his hand up against the window and I just watched it until I couldn't see him any more.

I just had to share this other journal entry of mine because it made me laugh to read it and shows some of the reality of my post-pregnancy, hormone adjusting, husband-missing self:

From Micki's journal, September 2005:
What a rotten day. I'm sick, my girl is sick, and now my boy is getting sick, too. [At this point, I go on a bit of a rant about how irritated I am at my siblings for bringing germs home from school, and it's quite mean and insulting, so I'll refrain from sharing here.] My daughter decided to take off her poopy diaper and run around the room with crap hanging off her butt and falling on the floor. And I've been messing with my stupid insurance all morning trying to get my ultrasound payed for that happened in MARCH!!! Nobody around there knows what's going on with it and neither does the hospital. My husband is risking his life and missing a year and a half with his family and they can't even pay for my ultrasound!!!! Which they claim is not medically necessary. If I was a swearing person...!&#@!!!#!!!!!!!!. I started to cry about it all and my little girl was very concerned. She said, "Mama, ky?" (Mama cry?) and then started saying "nose." It took me a second to figure out she was talking about getting me a tissue. She climbed off the bed and got the box of Kleenex and brought it to me. My little sweetie. She never does mean to be naughty. I miss my Braden so much. I just want him here for just a minute to hold me and tell me it will be okay.

Great. My daughter just took off her diaper again and peed on the floor. I think I'll go bang my head against the wall, now.

Ahhh, memories. So glad that's all they are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you choose the light today?